Not content with disrupting the UK transport industry, Uber are now making their stamp on the food delivery industry.
The UberEATS app, which launched in London earlier this week, makes getting food as simple as it made getting home after a night out. Available for iOS and Android, the app connects you to dishes from over 150 restaurants in London.
It’s a bit of a win-win for everyone: Restaurants can depend on the Uber delivery network to expand their businesses and reach a new network of potential customers and delivery partners have access to new flexible economic opportunities.
The process is straightforward:
- Download the app or go to ubereats.com
- Sign in – you can use your existing Uber account for UberEATS – or create a new one.
- Enter your delivery address
- Browse local restaurants
- Customise your order if needs be
- Check out with a tap – pay with your card on file
- Track your order – watch as your order gets picked up and delivered right to your door.
- Rate each item of food and let others know what you think
The service will initially be available in Central London from 11am to 11pm, seven days a week but the delivery area will hopefully expand in the coming weeks. And there’s no minimum order requirement which is a plus.
For the first month UberEATS is offering free delivery and, if your food isn’t with you within 30 minutes, up to £20 off your next order*
If you are already a convert you can join the conversation and share your UberEATS experience on social media using #UberEATS
*If your order was £20 or less and your courier does not arrive within 30 minutes, you’ll receive up to £20 off your next order. For a limited time only.